Monday 9 January 2017

Few lessons learnt from latest wedding shopping








Few days back was my cousin brother wedding. The usual excited me had so many things in mind. I already had made a superficial list for shopping as soon as we got the news of him being engaged. The happy sister in me wanted to buy and wear the best since he is the only brother I have in my entire family clad.
But while shopping when I had to actually purchase things, I learnt few important lessons:

1.       It’s important to first check your wardrobe. Believe me the more you have is actually the less you have. Check all clothes & accessories including jewellery, bags & shoes. If you feel the clothes can be repeated, reprise them. Don’t worry about the crowd. If the crowd is different you can repeat clothes.


2.       Match the outfits with the wedding theme. One can always team up top or bottom with different combinations to make outfit look different. For. E.g. I was not having a chanya choli in my wardrobe. So I bought such an outfit that can be teamed up with a different choli and duppata to make it look different this saving on my cost.
3.       Make a list of what you have and what you don’t need. Never make a list of what you want to buy....i feel that is never ending!


4.       Find out about outlets which have sale. Opt for shopping during seasonal sale. If you have time for groundwork, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
5.       Do not forget to include your family members in shopping list too. Make a combined budget.
6.       Try using cash rather than Cards to avoid over spending. 7
7.       Never buy clothes which are one time wear. What’s he point in spending thousands when you can’t wear it anywhere else.
8.       If you are wearing full length gown, lehenga or skirt, do not spend much on shoes. They are as it is hidden.
9.       Try purchasing different colour outfits so that you have various looks in the event.

10.   Since I have a 3 year old brat with whom shopping is an impossible task. I tried to cut short my tailor or shop visits. I visited 2 or 3 places and bought whatever I could. The more you indulge in visiting shops and then deciding on what to buy. The more time and money is spent, especially when you are a compulsive shopper. Usually we don’t want to upset anyone so we buy from every shop we visit. It’s like ‘aye hain toh kuch leke jayenge’.

11.   Outfits which are in trend will become out of trend after sometime.  Own outfits which are all time wear.

A genuine planning and being realistic for shopping can help one curb down on budget.
Share your own experiences and tips if you have any.


Picture courtesy https://www.google.co.in/search?q=wedding+shopping&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBrKvmi7fRAhUJrI8KHQFnA_sQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=662



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.